If an application is made to the Crown Court to appeal against a conviction or sentence in the Magistrates' Court, you are entitled to be informed of the following information by your Witness Care Unit (or the police if appropriate) within 1 working day of them receiving it from the court:
- any notice of appeal that has been made;
- the date, time and location of any hearing;
- the outcome of that appeal, including any changes to the original sentence.
You are also entitled to:
- wait and be seated in court in an area separate from the appellant and their family and friends. The court will ensure this is done wherever possible;
- be provided with a contact point at the Crown Court;
- receive information about victims' services where appropriate and available.